The newest Nintendo Direct started heavy with 3DS games. There were a few notable games that stood out. Namely, the new Pikmin game, Hey! Pikmin, is entirely in 2D. I still don’t know how I feel about that, it could totally be a piece of shit. Or it could work really well. There was also a bunch of Kirby games that were announced (one was even free to play). And there is going to be another one later this year. Nintendo is calling it “The Year of Kirby.” I have anything against Kirby, but his games tend to not be as good as the other Nintendo staples. I’m cautiously optimistic about this.
The last game for the 3DS they showed was a Fire Emblem game. At this point, and three Fire Emblem games later, I feel like there is a lot of Fire Emblem, but Nintendo does not seem to think so. Fire Emblem games always tend to be very good games, so there is little to fault on this game besides that fact that there are a lot of FE games as of late. Either way, it comes out in a week.
Then they covered ARMS for the Nintendo Switch. The video was full of all sorts of shitty puns and mediocre looking gameplay. I don’t want to hate on a game that hasn’t even proven itself yet, but I have never been a big fan of motion controls. I expect it to tank a la 1-2 Switch, but at this point I would love to be proven wrong. I need another game to play on the Switch besides Zelda.
The rest of the games aren’t really worth mentioning. Splatoon 2 looks cool, but it has an influx of info for a few months now. I was even able to play it for a while a few weeks back. Either way, below is all the Nintendo Switch games coming out and my reactions.
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe | April 28 — Mario Kart, should be good.
- Ultra Street Fighter II | May 26 — Will probably be overpriced to be honest…
- Minecraft | May 11 — This looked surprisingly good.
- More Neo Geo games — Ehhhhh….
- Sonic Forces | Holiday 2017 — This game is guaranteed to suck.
- Sonic Mania | Summer — This game is guaranteed to be awesome.
- Project Mekkura | Summer 2017 (via the Nintendo eshop) — Eh.
- Fate/Extella | July 25 — Meh.
- Disgaea 5 Complete | May 23 — Sweet!
- Puyo Puyo Tetris | Demo for the game is available on the Nintendo eshop now — Intrigued.
- Monopoly | Fall 2017 — Really? WTF?
- Sine Mora Ex | Summer 2017 — This game looks really good.
- Battle Chasers Nightwar | Late Summer 2017 — Meh.
- Payday 2 | 2017 — This game is super old.
- Namco Museum | Summer 2017 — Meh.
And that’s all she wrote. I didn’t even get to the awesome Amiibos, but they will be cool. And will most likely sell out. Expect an angry profanity-laden article around that time.